VISO was co-designed with NAD’s sister company PSB, known for their high-performance speakers. Their expertise went into the VISO 1’s carefully constructed woofer. It handles the low frequencies, delivering clean, full bass. A special circuit compensates for clipping, so even at maximum volume there’s no harsh distortion with your music. You’ll enjoy a spacious soundfield that has real presence.
- Two x 2.75-inch full-range drivers with aluminum dome/cone diaphragms and what NAD describes as a “dual magnetic drive” system.
- One x 5.75 mid/bass driver
- Frequency response 33Hz – 28kHz (-6dB) Anechoic, 50Hz – 20kHz (± 1dB) Anechoic
- iPod dock with 30-pin Apple-type connector. The VISO 1 dock provides an ingenious, easy-to-use sliding clamp mechanism that gently but firmly holds iDevices in place and eliminates the need for easily lost docking adapters. A welcome touch is that the dock can position iDevices vertically or horizontally. The iPod dock input is the automatic default choice for the VISO 1, so the user must toggle a selector switch in order to choose other inputs.
- 96/24-capable optical S/PDIF digital audio input. Note: This connection option allows the VISO 1 to be used with the digital audio outputs of flat-panel TVs or, please note, with Apple TV systems.
- 480p/576p-capable component video outputs.
- Optional composite video output (via what would normally be the Pb output jack for the component video outputs)
- USB jack that, please note, is for intended solely for installing software updates.